Saturday 1 January 2011

Resolutions!


I hope everyone has had a great and safe holiday season. Now all the wrapping paper has been thrown away, the turkey carcass has been picked to the bone, and more sugar has been consumed than grown annually on a Louisiana sugarcane plantation we look ahead onto a brand new year. What better way to do that than setting some goals for the upcoming year. Rarely, I make resolutions or give up something for lent. It is just not part of my personality, and I rarely remember them a week after. Over the past few years I have been inspired by my friends that successfully complete multiple goals within a year, especially my friend Tabitha. Therefore, I have several this year to make up for my apathy. Here goes...

M&Y's NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS 2011:

*Be a size six for my wedding in September! I am currently a size ten. (The deposit is down it is definitely happening in September!)
* Write something everyday: whether it be a blog, short story, poem, journal entry, historical society journal article, or whatever else strikes my fancy.
*Read all the books I currently own and have borrowed in the house at this moment before I buy anymore. (There are about 120)
* Use my Kitchen Aid Mixer at least twice a month in order to improve my baking skills.
*Make a profit from my crafting hobby by starting a possible Etsy shop online.

So my goals are pretty lofty, but I have taken into consideration things I have wanted to do for sometime. Therefore, I have geared my resolutions towards those changes I would like to make. I just need to stop watching so many darn T.V. shows!

One last bit of holiday cheer before we return to normalcy.

*Edward and my random red Christmas tree*

No comments:

Post a Comment