Wednesday 9 March 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Alternative Wedding Songs


* Engagement shot by my friend JJC*

             If I know one thing about my fiance, it is that he has to be unique from the rest.  I think his idea of hell would be sitting in a room with people dressed just like him.  When everyone else has it, he is not going to want it.  It is truly something I admire in him.  This non-conformity has really led us to some adventures, and more are sure to come.  This post is in the spirit of Ed's individuality.  Some wedding traditions I love such as the cutting of the cake, parents giving away the bride, and the something blue.  However, some wedding traditions are lame like the garter toss.  I find "Here Comes the Bride" as one of those such traditions.  So I here are some of the songs that are in the running as my ceremony music:

  1. "Help, I'm Alive" by Metric is such a awesome song!  I would use the instrumental version, but the song makes me think of something exciting in life.  My wedding day cannot be more exciting. 
  2. "Clocks" by Coldplay is a classic from the days nearly ten years ago when Edward and I began dating.  Their song "Yellow" is such a beautiful love song, but "Clocks" is moving.  
  3. "Hurricane" by Something Corporate is another unique choice.  However, the opening line "I think I'm on the edge, of something new with you" really fits the wedding spirit.  It would also be a good testimony to irony since the song title still means something to our hometown.  
         Those are just a few ideas, but there are others.  Florence and the Machine, Arcade Fire, and of course my old stand by Better Than Ezra have excellent options.  Only about six and a half more months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment