Thursday 28 April 2011

Louisiana Strawberries mean it is time for Strawberry Cupcakes!


        Monday evening, I tried my first recipe out of my new cupcake book called Pink Princess Cupcakes by Barbara Beery.  The cupcake book is actually for little girls, but the recipes are the real thing.  I tried her recipe for fresh strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  It turned out to be an interesting experience for cupcake baking.  They turned out to be more of a muffin consistency.  However, they ended up being a nice combination with the sweet cream cheese frosting.  Here are a few snap shots....



*I should have known something different was going on with that batter consistency!*


*Fresh strawberries folded straight into the batter*


*Baked and unfrosted cupcakes straight out of the oven*


*Ready to go out into the world with their cream cheese frosting*

1 comment:

  1. I have an absolutely AMAZING recipe for strawberry cake with matching icing. Complete with loads of strawberry puree. Huge hit at Easter. Everbody loves it. I keep the frosting a little softer than typical frosting so more of the strwberry shines through. Then I refrigerate until an hour before serving. YUM.

    ReplyDelete