Sunday 13 February 2011

I am Number Four



*Finished within a day of download!*

A very well respected colleague suggested that I read I Am Number Four about three months ago. I put it on my "to-read" list on www.goodreads.com immediately, but soon forgot as all the holiday excitement arrived. The up and coming YA book remained as just a number on a growing list until last week when I saw the trailer for the movie coming out! The movie opens February 18, and has one of the characters from Glee (Dianna Agron aka Quinn) as a main character. Seeing the movie before I read the book can also be a real downfall for me as well. Therefore, I moved I Am Number Four to the top of the list and downloaded onto my Nook in order to forgo the wait for it at the library.

I don't regret it one bit! Edward and I are big fans of the now cancelled show Heroes, and this has that same feel with a more Young Adult Novel twist. The difference between this YA novel and others is that the character already know who and what he is from the get go. The author also does not go too far out in left field explaining the origins of the powers (known in the book as Legacies). It also clever that the book is advertised as being penned by a surviving planet elder known as Pittacus Lore. With the eve of the movie releasing approaching quickly, I will not reveal much more.

However, expect some good action, a love story, and the beginning of an epic battle where the fate of the Earth will remain to be seen. Now if only The Hunger Games movie will get here!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds cool, I'll have to check that book out. Good to see you got a Nook, don't you just love it!
    Can't wait fot The Hunger Games either!!!

    ReplyDelete