Sunday 20 February 2011

Problem... what to read next!

**My 'to read' Bookshelf**

On my "Books to Read I Own" list in Good Reads is at 125 books. I have a whole bookshelf of books that I have not read! Between my habit of buying online, used books from The Book Bag or the library, and Swap. Not to mention my newest gizmo my Nook! Currently, I am finishing a wedding planning book. However, when I begin to ponder what should be next I stare blankly at my full bookshelf.

I have limited it down to three possibilities...
  • The Bachelor by Carly Phillips is the first of a romantic Trilogy about three brothers finding love. Probably, a little silly but it could be fun.
  • Haunted New Orleans by Troy Taylor a ghost story book about the spirits of one of my favorite places. Really curious about his take on the Crescent City and his writing style.
  • The Vampire Diaries: The Return by L.J. Smith a continuation published over ten years after the original four. I read L.J. Smith in high school so her writing is very nostalgic for me. I may be ready for a "return" to that feeling as well.
In other news, this week is the Mississippi Coast Historical and Genealogical Societies annual History Week. It is downtown at the Frank Gruich Community Center on Howard Avenue from 9 AM-2 PM Monday through Wednesday of this week! Come enjoy all the cultural and historical groups that will be out to display what they are about. You can also pick up an application for the historical society while you are there! Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment