Wednesday 2 February 2011

Wedding Wednesday: Bridal Show


** Bridal Pin given to me by my MOH Leah!**

Sunday I went with my Maid of Honor, Leah and bridesmaids Ashlei and Linda to the Biloxi Bridal Premier Show at the Mississippi Gulf Coast Coliseum. It was a jungle in there! I am pretty sure there were less people last year when Leah and I went to it. After a very congested registration process (involving two lines) we entered wedding wonderland. Almost every aspect of wedding was covered except for invitations and limos for some reason. It was not as overwhelming today because I already have my venue. Also a good idea of what DIY touches that I will be attempting for my wedding, and what things I will be hiring sometime to do. My two biggies to take care of are the wedding cake, and the caterer.

However, I will never get over how outrageous prices are for anything with the title “wedding” or “bridal” attached to it. Even though it is an event very personal to every couple, it is a business. (A multi-million dollar industry actually.) Many of the same tablescapes and favor tables were similar to last year. I think I saw a half a dozen candy tables. Some of my favorite booths included the lovely ladies managing The Redding House, the great food at Broome’s Catering, and the creativity of Tilley Photography.

All in all it was nice to see my fellow friends that are brides as well, and get some contacts. But I think I will stick to The Knot, blogs, magazines, and a little imagination to create my wedding day vision.

**Bridal Show Goodies**

No comments:

Post a Comment